Kuvempu University/ Admission to Post-Graduate, Post-Graduate Diploma and Certificate Courses for the Academic Year 2014-15
Applications are invited from the eligible Candidates for admission to various Post Graduate, Post Graduate Diploma and Certificate Courses in Kuvempu University for the Academic year 2014-15. The
following Courses are offered for Studies in the Departments located at University Campus, Shankaraghatta, Post Graduate Centre, Kadur and Sahyadri College Campus, Shimoga, under Choice
Based Credit System. In respect of MCA & MBA Courses , admission will be through an Entrance Test conducted by KEA/AICTE, Bangalore. However, the University will also conduct separate entrance test,
to fill up the vacant seats.
1. The details regarding eligibility conditions for the said courses, Application Form, Entrance Test, Fee structure and all other relevant information can be obtained either from the
Prospectus or from the website www. kuvempu.ac.in.
2. Candidates who have appeared for final year degree examinations and awaiting results can also apply for the above courses. However, the marks cards should be submitted five days
before the date of Central Counselling for admission.
3. The fee prescribed for Prospectus is Rs. 250-00, (Rs.150-00 for SC/ST/Cat-1 on production of proof of category), for the first copy and Rs. 50-00 for additional applications. A candidate
is permitted to obtain only two additional applications on payment of the prescribed fee in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the “Finance Officer, Kuvempu University,
Shankaraghatta”, payable at SBM/SBI Shankaraghatta or Cash.
4. The NRI and Foreign students can also seek admission to Post-Graduate programmes. 15 percent of seats are reserved for Foreign students.
5. Candidates seeking admission to M.B.F.I., M.Sc. Library & Information Science/ M.S.W./ M.A. (Journalism & Mass Communication), MBA/ MCA/M.Tech in Nano Science & Technology/
M.Sc. (Clinical Psychology), M.P.Ed. & B.P.Ed. courses are required to enclose a D.D of Rs.200-00 (General category) and Rs.100-00 (SC/ST/Cat-I), towards the conduct of Entrance
Test separately drawn in favour of the “Finance Officer, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta”, payable at SBM/SBI Shankaraghatta.
6. Application forms and Prospectus will be issued from 07-07-2014 onwords until 21-07-2014 The candidates can obtain Applications at Kuvempu University Employees Co-operative Society,
Shankaraghatta, City Office, M.R.S. Circle, Shimoga, and P.G. Centre, Kadur on payment of the prescribed fee in the form of D.D. or Cash.
7. The Application form with Prospectus can also be obtained by post by sending a Demand draft (money order/postal order/cheque etc., will not be accepted) for the prescribed fee in favour of
the “Finance Officer, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta” payable at SBM/SBI Shankaraghatta, alongwith a self addressed envelope (22cm x 30cm) duly affixing postal
stamps worth Rs. 100-00 addressed to the Deputy Registrar, Academic Section, Kuvempu University, Jnana Sahyadri, Shankaraghatta – 577451. The cover should be superscribed as
“Application for admission to……. . . . . . . . . . . course”. The Application form alongwith relevant information can also be downloaded from the website on or after 07-07-2014 . The
same can be submitted by paying the prescribed Fee i.e., Rs.250/-(General Category) and Rs.150/-(SC/ST/Cat-I) and Rs.50/- for additional Application is needed drawn in favour of the
“Finance Officer, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta” payable at SBM/SBI Shankaraghatta and submit to the Chairperson of concerned Post Graduate Department only
on or before 21-07-2014.
8. The Candidate are required to submit separate Applications for each Course.
9. Application form duly filled alongwith all relevant enclosures should reach the concerned Chairperson of the Post-Graduate Department on or before 21-07-2014 by 4.00 pm (in the case
of Foreign Nationals and Kashmiri migrants, on or before 14-08-2014 )